Thursday March 12th, 2020, 3:06 PM
With 1 billion active users per month, Instagram is at the heart of corporate communications strategies.
In this most recent blog post, we look at how Instagram can be used to improve one's brand image and gain visibility. First, we will look at the importance of this social media in its marketing strategy. Then, we will look at the different uses that can be made to improve its visibility and brand image.
The importance of this social media in Strategic Marketing.
Today, social networks are more and more used by companies. In fact, BDM has published an article including several relevant data related to social media instagram for the year 2020.
- 25 million companies have an Instagram account
- More than 200 million Instagram users view at least one brand profile every day.
- 60% of Instagram users report discovering new products through social networking.
- 1/3 of the most watched "stories" come from brands
The adoption of social networks, especially instagram in its marketing strategy is one of the key points of your company's brand image.
This social media makes the everyday opportunity to make your products and services known to many users of the platform!
Many instagrammers discover products and brands through instagram. These figures show us the brand profiles are frequently consulted on the application.
Your instagram account will be the online "showcase" for your business. What you publish, share, write will create your visual identity on the platform. Your content must show the authentic side your brand image. Otherwise, it can easily deteriorate your image.
How can you improve your brand image on instagram?
Define the audience you want to reach. Do you want to reach a male or female target? Are your products more aimed at older people? Do you want to reach an audience in sports, arts, fashion, business, or travel? Answering these questions will allow you to better target your audience. Depending on your audience, the communication methods you will use will be different.
Opt for a simple nickname, which will allow you to be easily found by your community.
Define your communication strategy around a clear point. Do you want to be perceived as a "friendly" brand that is close to its Customers, or an "expert" brand that leaves a certain distance in its communication method? Then you need to think about the tone you want to use, whether in your publications or messages.
Follow a common thread in your publications. Many applications such as "preview" allow you to create your instagram page with a certain harmony of colors. Respect the theme you chose at the beginning of your strategy.
Would you like to post very colourful or rather sober photos? Is there an element you want to incorporate on each of them? Stay true to your initial brand image. There is no point in imitating other companies' publications, because instagrammers are looking for authentic and original brands. So be yourself, be original!
What strategy should you adopt to gain visibility on instagram?
- Use hashtags. Essential to your company's positioning. They will allow you to promote your photos and profile to your target audience. The role of hashtags is linked to publications. They allow you to position yourself in the most relevant categories possible. Using hashtags will allow you to increase the visibility of your photos. By doing so, you will get a better referencing.
No need to add a large number of hashtags, the principle is to target keywords in cohesion with your industry, because the more you put, the more you will lose relevance.
- Create a place on instagram to share your photos. Whether it's an office, a restaurant, a shop, a café or agencies. It's a good idea to create your location on the instagram map. Each of the users of your offers and products will be able to identify you and share your establishment on their accounts. The location identification allows you to instantly find all the photos taken in the same place. The more you are identified by other Instagram users, the more visibility you will gain.
- Identify your partners. In your "stories" or publications, it is important to identify your partners so they can share your publication. By doing so, you will gain visibility within an audience similar to yours. Don't forget to ask your partners to identify you in return, so that their subscribers can discover your page.
- Use stories. These allow you to share videos and photos with a maximum interval of 5 to 15 seconds. Each post will be displayed for 24 hours before deleting itself. You will be able to add stickers, identifications, texts, filters, etc. to the content.
- The instagram "stories" are ideal for including consumers at the heart of your business. You will be able to share your events, present the daily life of your teams... The role of the stories is to share the accessible, collaborative and friendly side of your company. Instagrammers must feel immersed in your world.
We hope that these few points have enlightened you in order to better use instagram in your business communication strategy.