Friday December 23rd, 2022, 9:11 AM
The weather is getting colder and the streets are covered in snow, but don't worry: Montreal is full of fun activities to keep you busy during the holiday season. So we wanted to suggest a few that will make your holidays unforgettable.
Winter Sports :
- Skating: The arrival of cold weather means the opening of Montreal's countless outdoor skating rinks. Among the places where you can rent skates if you don't have any, the skating rink in Old Montreal, the Beaver Lake on Mount Royal and the skating rink in Lafontaine Park (near the Halte) are must-sees.
- Cross-country skiing: Several parks in Montreal have trails for cross-country skiing. We recommend Lafontaine, Jeanne-Mance, Angrignon, Maisonneuve and Jarry parks for an introduction to this winter joy. It is possible to rent skis at several locations, including free at Frédéric-Back Park on weekends.
- Sliding: For the pleasure of young and old alike, Montreal is full of sliding hills. Consult this map to find the one closest to you: https://montreal.ca/lieux?mtl_...
- Enchanted Worlds
Celebrating the magic of Christmas, this exhibition at the McCord Museum revisits the famous mechanical windows of the Ogilvy store until January 8.
- Seeing Loud: Basquiat and Music
At the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts until February 19
- Diane Arbus: Photographs, 1956-1971
At the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts until January 29
- Nelson Henricks, new works
At the Musée d'art contemporain de Montréal until April 10
- Last Minute
At the Phi Center until March 5
- Grand Marché de Noël on the Place des Festivals : Until December 31
30 chalets of local and regional artisans, musical and theatrical programming, mulled wine and other delicacies.
- The Nutcracker at the Théâtre Wilfred-Pelletier from December 22 to 30
This classic ballet by Tchaikovsky has been presented every year in Montreal since 1964.
- Christmas in the Park: Until December 31 at midnight
The Christmas in the Park Festival offers a ton of shows, including one that runs until midnight on December 31. Welcome the new year at Parc Émilie-Gamelin with artists like Bon Débarras, Bran Van 3000 and Mélisandre.
On behalf of the entire team at La Halte, we wish you a wonderful holiday season and all the best for the year 2023!